Ianqui's 365 Project

Monday, June 04, 2007

155/365: Coffee cupping

Coffee cupping

This is not a technically good picture at all, but the story behind it is kind of interesting. I walked into Cafe Collage to get a cafe au lait today, and ended up joining the staff in a coffee cupping. A cupping is to coffee as wine tasting is to wine. Of course, like wine, it apparently has a vocabulary of its own, and learning to associate those words to the coffee is not something you can do adequately just by walking in off the street. But it was fun, and that kind of thing doesn't happen to you every day, so here's today's photo.

4 Comments:

At 6/04/2007 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want to coffee cup. Waaah.

 
At 6/05/2007 8:48 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

I'd imagine it's difficult to get the sugar levels right when you're cupping? I'd never heard of coffee cupping before.

 
At 6/05/2007 9:54 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Oh, you don't get any sugar! I think this is party of why I was pretty bad at it (that is, I couldn't come up with descriptors like "hibiscus" or "velvety"). I don't really like coffee if it doesn't have sugar and milk in it.

 
At 6/05/2007 7:00 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Sounds fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home