Ianqui's 365 Project

Sunday, February 11, 2007

42/365: Washington Mews


Washington Mews



I think I was subconsciously inspired by this photo by luminouslens. Subconcious because I didn't go out today to try to get a similar shot, but inspired when editing it to increase the contrast in a similar way.

You may have noticed some formatting (and title) changes. I'm trying to make this more like the other photoblogs out there, which primarily means bigger images. I hope it doesn't mess with anyone's monitor, but if you want to see it smaller, you can always click on the picture to see it at Flickr.

5 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 7:05 PM, Blogger Billie said...

I like this shot very much. I can't wait to come to NYC next month and see this stuff for real. ;-)

I'm new to blogger (my "real" blog is on another site), but I want to make my columns wider, too. How did you do it?

 
At 2/11/2007 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some gorgeous afternoon light. This is probably my favorite photo of yours, and not just because you said it was subconsciously inspired by me. (By the way, I think yours is really very different! It's much softer. And I think it's just the right amount of contrast, while I think mine is a bit too heavy handed.)

Also, I really like the bigger size photos.

 
At 2/12/2007 8:27 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I love this shot.

(Hey, I have to tell you that I showed my parents this blog the other day and now they read exactly two blogs every day -- mine and this one. My mother grew up in the New York City area, and my father lived in lower Manhattan when he was in his twenties, and they are both really enjoying your NYC photos. They have dial-up, so the photos load slowly but my mother says it's worth the wait.)

 
At 2/13/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Billie--I emailed you about how you might do this on your template.

Jo(e)--that's sweet! I'm glad your parents are enjoying the photos.

 
At 2/22/2007 12:27 AM, Blogger Linda said...

this and the block on 3rd (or fourth)going east off of 6th avenue -- are my two favorite blocks in the city; it's the ivy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home