Ianqui's 365 Project

Thursday, February 01, 2007

32/365: Twilight Tai Chi


Tai Chi


I got my hands on a tripod! To celebrate, I went out after dark. My goal was to take a stereotypical shot of the Washington Square Arch, but I'm not in love with the ones I got (I did turn it sepia, though). I think the angle is wrong. So that made it hard to pick a photo for tonight. When it comes down to it, I think this one is probably better than the one I chose, but it seems that my preference for the human subject has prevailed as usual. This man was standing up next to the arch, practicing tai chi. Even though my tripod isn't optimized for zoom lenses, I quickly set it up when I saw him and waited to see what I could get. He ended up looking so peaceful in this shot, despite the below freezing temperature.

3 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 8:54 PM, Blogger Billie said...

I really like the lighting in this shot. I'm not sure how you did it (or if it was just surrounding light), but it seems to come from beneath the subject, and it's highlighting his peaceful face. VERY nice!

 
At 2/01/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

There are lights all around the base of the arch, and I think the man's face is also lit by them. I didn't add any more light, or use a flash.

 
At 2/04/2007 9:34 PM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

You are right, he looks so peaceful. At I can see he is doing Tai Chi, even all bundled up. Amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home