Ianqui's 365 Project

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

143/365: Fleeing the invading hoards of tourists

Fleeing the invading hoards of tourists

There are a couple of notable things in this photo, both seen and unseen. First, the pictured building is a giant Starbucks. As is to be expected, it's located there because the stop for the Bus Turistic is also located there. Second, this line (updated: for the bus) went around the corner. There are a lot of tourists in Barcelona right now. Third, why isn't it the Spanish alphabet that's pictured? The Spanish alphabet includes extra letters, like "ñ" (and is "ll" a letter? I'm not sure. But anyway, inscribing the alphabet on the side of a building is odd.) Finally, I didn't even notice that woman running away when I took the picture, but she's awesome.

Updated: My flatmate House has emailed me to tell me that the alphabet is the Latin alphabet in general, which is the universal set of the letters of this form.

4 Comments:

At 5/24/2007 8:21 AM, Blogger Dalissa 365 said...

I love that the woman is running away, too. I cannot believe anyone would stand in a line that long all for a coffee confection from Starbucks.

 
At 5/24/2007 8:21 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

The running woman is awesome. Is that a line for the tour bus or a line for *$?

 
At 5/24/2007 8:53 AM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Oh, I should clarify! The line is for the tour bus, not for Starbucks (now clarified in the main text).

 
At 5/30/2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Lingual X said...

Oh. I'm so glad the line is for the bus. I mean, come on: global capitalism at its best....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home