Ianqui's 365 Project

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

136/365: El Guapetón

El Guapeton

It's not that I'm obsessed with this guy, it's that I'm obsessed with the campaign that he's running. I just don't understand why his party thinks that displaying him as a hottie is a successful strategy. I keep hearing, though, that there's a serious problem with getting young people to vote in Catalunya, so maybe they're trying to get that vote. That said, I don't necessarily see how this is going to work with (straight) young men.

(Clockwise from top left: "Do you want a Barcelona that has you in mind?" / "Do you want a Barcelona that's more just and more secure?" / "Do you want a Barcelona with a real airport?" / "Do you want a Barcelona that's both cosmopolitan and Catalan?" And utilitza'ns is literally translated as "use us" or maybe even "take advantage of us"...interpret that how you'd like.)

5 Comments:

At 5/16/2007 6:29 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I am having a hard time imagining that anyone thinks he's hot.

 
At 5/16/2007 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...ditto. I mean, I know I'm faceblind but really? He's hot?

 
At 5/16/2007 8:26 PM, Blogger Billie said...

Cool, warmish, maybe? But maybe there's something "hot" about profiles? Why not his full face?

 
At 5/18/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

He's hot about like Mitt Romney's hot.

 
At 5/18/2007 1:30 PM, Blogger jayfish said...

strange that it's mostly profile shots. is that supposed to be more flattering or something?

intriguing campaign though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home