Ianqui's 365 Project

Saturday, March 17, 2007

76/365: Irish Eyes Are Smilin'

Irish Eyes are Smilin'


One reason I really love this project is because it's making me a better New Yorker. I feel the need to document things that I might have actively avoided before. Today we went up to the St. Patrick's Day parade on our way to see the Barcelona exhibit at the Met. What wonderful photographic opportunities, especially because people were expecting to be photographed (like this nice woman who posed for me).

See the whole set of photos from today at Flickr. Here was another particular favorite.

2 Comments:

At 3/18/2007 1:06 AM, Blogger Billie said...

Very nice picture! I was in Chicago a few years ago on St. Patty's day, and I had a similar experience with photographing people. No one seemed to mind a bit. In fact, I have a photo of myself with two leprechauns and a green-haired Elvis. ;-)

 
At 3/18/2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are a wonderful New Yorker. :) Here I am nearly 100% Irish and I didn't even wear green yesterday. Super series of photos. I especially loved the little baby in pale green on daddy's shoulders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home