Ianqui's 365 Project

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

101/365: Hospital de Sant Pau

Hospital de Sant Pau



I'm not sure I love the angle here, but I did really like how this door opened into the hallway. The problem was that the staircase leading up to the door was blocked off, so I could only get the photo from this sort of odd angle.

The Hospital de Sant Pau, a landmark of Catalan modernism, is an actual functioning hospital today.

A couple more photos from the area around the Hospital de Sant Pau and the Sagrada Familia.

4 Comments:

At 4/11/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

I do like the angle. And it is a very impressive place.

 
At 4/11/2007 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done! If you hadn't said anything about the angle being difficult, I would have assumed you had done this entirely on purpose. I think it makes the door look even more imposing and grand the way you are so close up to it, but yet you did manage to get the whole door in the photo comfortably. Great lighting too.

 
At 4/11/2007 11:56 PM, Blogger Overread said...

Yeah - I don't mind the angle at all. I think the composition is fine. I love the criss-cross lines on the right side windows. I think it may be a touch washed out in the middle of the hall back there, but I imagine the lighting there wasn't the best. Nice catch!

 
At 4/14/2007 8:03 AM, Blogger Ampersand said...

I'm amazed that you could get that whole doorway into the shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home