Ianqui's 365 Project

Thursday, April 05, 2007

95/365: Grand Avenues

Grand Avenues

Europe is famous for its grand avenues, and this is probably the grandest in AEC. It's also one of those streets that the Liveable Streets people dream of in New York City, since it has a dedicated bike lane, bus rapid transit, and a street tram (not pictured, but it runs on a track that's on the right of this photo). Since it's Easter week and it's raining today, no bikers are out, but I saw plenty of them yesterday. Also, the bus line that happens to be running up the avenue in this picture is the one I'll be taking to my new office.

8 Comments:

At 4/05/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Ampersand said...

Where in the world is Ianqui?

Where ever it is, it is clean and beautiful!

 
At 4/05/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, we know it's not London since the drivers are on the "correct" side of the vehicle! :)

Hmmm... I'm wondering how north she is. Doesn't look like Italy or Spain...

 
At 4/05/2007 11:01 PM, Blogger Billie said...

(hee hee) I know . . . !!! I love those grand avenues. Just lovely!

 
At 4/06/2007 12:21 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

This is cool location -- both this one and the one before -- and I can't wait to see it with a more blue sky!

 
At 4/06/2007 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Diagonal? I lived in AEC 7 years ago - this photo made my heart swell with longing. Me haces falta muchisima la cuidad awesome!

 
At 4/06/2007 2:35 PM, Blogger jayfish said...

is this a permanent move?

 
At 4/08/2007 5:40 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Definitely not the north, julie! But the new pictures should give you a much better idea.

Tequila fog--ya la tienes!

 
At 4/08/2007 5:42 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

Oh, and jayfish, definitely not permanent. I'm here for 2 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home