Ianqui's 365 Project

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February Retrospective

Update: Just in case people were worried (hah!), I'll only be in AEC for 2 months, so don't worry—8 more months of NYC will follow!


I wish I could be more profound about my photos this month, but when I look at them, the most prominent characteristic is that many reflect the cold. From the ice at Harlem Meer to the dogs playing in the snow to more than one picture of snowmen—it's clear that I was drawn to capturing winter! I guess that when most of your transit time is spent outdoors and in the cold, it really becomes an obsession.

I have one more month left in New York City, and then I go to Awesome European City. I'm looking forward to a new setting, although I know I'm already extremely lucky to be in such a fertile ground for subjects as NYC. It should be interesting to see how our photographic subjects change as we move on during the year. This is a demanding project, but my fellow participants (and known and unknown viewers!) really give me the motivation to continue.

8 Comments:

At 2/28/2007 10:13 PM, Blogger my15minutes said...

Ooo, goody...an Awesome European city to view in pictures!

 
At 3/01/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Billie said...

I agree! I can't wait to see how your perspective shifts being in a new/different location.

 
At 3/01/2007 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite of the month was "Harried," both because of the composition and tone of the shot and because I feel completely sympathetic!

 
At 3/01/2007 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I already thoght NYC was subject enough for a lifetime of photos. But to see an Awesome European City through your camera will be a treat indeed.

My kids LOVED the mini snowmen and the Sir Gawain photo. I just scrolled through your page for them and they say you've got skills. :)

 
At 3/02/2007 12:17 AM, Blogger Overread said...

I think I'll always like your shots of people, but you also have such an eye wonderful unexpected things. I'm looking forward to your trip as well!

 
At 3/02/2007 2:28 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Looking forward to your Euro pics, but I've gotta say I'll miss NY. It does provide such great photo ops. Talent like yours helps, too, of course. : )

 
At 3/02/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

I'm really excited to see your European collection, too. Are you sure you aren't willing to bring me along on your trip, though? Because that would be even better.

 
At 3/08/2007 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on another month of what seems like a very challenging project. I've enjoyed following your new blog and am looking forward to more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home