Ianqui's 365 Project

Friday, February 23, 2007

54/365: Chaos at Delta

Chaos at Delta

I had better pictures from today (though all airport related and none of them that interesting), but this one best represents my day. First of all, when I took this, an airport employee told me that taking pictures wasn't allowed. I'm so sick of these bogus security regulations. As if my taking pictures of airplanes is a threat.

Second, our flight to Small Southern City was delayed for almost 2 hours. That in itself would have been normal, but what irritated me was that until they finally boarded us, not a word was said about the status of our flight. This is because we left out of a commuter gate where many other flights were taking off around the same time (see photo), so they were just focused on getting those people out. Still, although many flights were delayed, they updated the status of a lot of them, yet completely neglected to say anything about ours. When we finally got on the plane, we waited another hour for take-off (since our plane was 30th in line on the tarmac).

Lesson: do not fly Delta Connection out of JFK at rush hour.

6 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 8:40 AM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Wow. I take photos like that at the airport all the time and have never been told I couldn't.

 
At 2/24/2007 1:20 PM, Blogger Billie said...

I'm so sorry you were harassed that way. And sitting on the tarmac for HOURS is imprisonment (in my book). I'm sorry you had to experience that, too. But if it's any consoliation, . . . nice shot! ;-)

 
At 2/24/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Scrivener said...

Yeah, airports suck. Hope the rest of the trip goes better. If I ever get my picture from yesterday uploaded, it'll look similar to this one, but with cars instead of airplanes.

 
At 2/24/2007 6:19 PM, Blogger susan said...

There is a Delta connection flight to where I live from that very gate at rush hour, and I realized, after three trips in a row being disrupted just as you describe, that there is really no reason to believe the departure time.

Hope your trip is now more fun!

 
At 2/24/2007 7:08 PM, Blogger Scrivener said...

Nevermind my earlier comment. Not so much, except in the sense that there's a glaring sun and a window involved.

 
At 2/24/2007 8:34 PM, Blogger jayfish said...

great sunset!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home