Ianqui's 365 Project

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

31/365: Do Not Sit Here

Do Not Sit Here



Sometimes you get lucky. I tried to get the 365 picture out of the way this morning, but first I blew out the sunrise and then I washed out all of the detail of the snow on a leaf. So I took my camera to my office today, and went out for a walk right after lunch. I walked aimlessly around until I saw this stoop with the words "Do Not Sit Here" stenciled on it. Whatever, I thought, might as well take a picture. Just as I crouched down, this hipster guy walked by and said, "Do you want me to sit there?" I couldn't have gotten luckier.

It seems that I kind of screwed up the white balance on this photo—technically, it's too blue—but once I looked at it "corrected", I decided the bluish tinge was exactly what this photo wanted.

8 Comments:

At 1/31/2007 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! How great that he posed for you!

As for the blue tinge, well wait until you discover cross processing. (Hint: Play with the individual color channels in the Curves dialog.)

 
At 1/31/2007 4:48 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I like that the photo can want things.

 
At 1/31/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Ianqui said...

LL--alas, I think it's time I upgrade to Photoshop CS. I hear CS 3 is coming out soon.

 
At 1/31/2007 8:14 PM, Blogger RageyOne said...

That is a great photo! Classic that he came along at that time. Love the kewl pose he's giving also.

 
At 1/31/2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Billie said...

I am **loving** these candid shots. They are just wonderful! My goal for February is to take some candid shots, too.

 
At 1/31/2007 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize you didn't have curves. I looked up a comparison between Elements and CS (I use CS at the moment) and it says you also don't have a Channel Mixer!! That's, like, essential for black and white. Yes, if you can get your hands on any version of CS, do it right away!

 
At 2/01/2007 7:52 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

What I've always loved about your photos is the New York City theme. Yeah, that seems like it would be obvious but many of the Flickr photographers take shot after shot that does not in any way reveal where they are. Your photos are very place-based. Not an introspective look at your own life, but observations about the lives of strangers who live in close proximity.

 
At 2/01/2007 7:53 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Hey, that comment was supposed to be on your other post. Blogger is being weird to me today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home