Ianqui's 365 Project

Monday, September 10, 2007

253/365: My office should have this warning

My office should have this warning

We're having an ongoing problem with facade renovations in my office. Right now, they're working on the wall just outside my office (on the 7th floor), and it's deafening. My chair complained to the environmental safety people, and to the deans and space planners and everyone he could think of, and it's unclear that anything is going to happen. Working in my office is horrible, and the classroom we use for seminars is basically rendered useless, although we have to continue in there anyway. This particular photo was taken right outside my home, which is also a construction zone. I can't escape it. I have a reasonably high noise tolerance but right now, I'm feeling pretty down about city living.

1 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 11:21 PM, Blogger Ampersand said...

"My chair complained to the environmental safety people..."

I was stumped, initially, as to how a chair would complain...but then I made the translation to academia. :)

Sorry you have to deal with ear pollution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home