Ianqui's 365 Project

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

December (and whole year) Retrospective


Well. It has ended. Like Scrivener, I started this project because I wanted to improve my photography. I had just gotten my dSLR in November of 2006, and was very excited about my new camera. Coincidentally, I left for a trip to Florida on Jan 1 last year, so I had already been taking pictures every day. When I got home on Jan 7, I discovered both a post about Project 365 on Photojojo, and that some of my favorite bloggers had already signed on to the project. It seemed perfect! I have been lucky, because I got to practice my photography in New York, New Jersey, Catalonia, London, Germany, Florida, Philadelphia, Baltimore, California, North Carolina, and New Orleans. I guess I did quite a lot of traveling this year!

I'm also proud of myself for actually staying true to the aims of the project. I posted a picture for every day, taken on that day. They weren't always great, but at least I never resorted to my cameraphone!

I am very glad that I did the project, but I'm also glad for it to be over. I definitely think that it's helped my photography to improve, but around September I started to resent having to take a picture just for the sake of having a picture. I appreciate the people who can find a beautiful angle on a pencil or a street light, but I do not excel at that kind of photography. And sometimes, that's what it came down to, when it was 6pm, dark outside, and I hadn't taken a picture yet. I'm also just as glad not to have to carry around my large camera every day. But I salute those of you who are still excited about continuing. I have learned a lot from all of the 365s that I followed (billie, liane, scrivener, bright star, jayfish, overread, beth, ampersand, julie, mike), and I'll stay subscribed to your feeds in hopes of new updates!

I think that this year my aim is to get a real photoblog, as in, take it off of Blogger and start using software that is more suited toward photoblogging. I won't necessarily take or post a picture every day, but it'll give me a chance to be more flexible—post new pictures, go back to the archives, skip a day if I want...Hopefully I can get that project together really soon so that I don't lose my small but loyal following! I'll announce the new space both here and on my regular blog (for those of you that check both of them).

In the meantime, there's always my Flickr account!

10 Comments:

At 1/01/2008 1:21 PM, Blogger machiruda said...

Congrats on finishing! I've really enjoyed seeing all the different pictures, there are definitely some really really good ones in there.

You've inspired me, I might just start this off this year myself.... as a newyears resolution and to have an aim to work on throughout the year, to - like you - improve my photography. I'll see - have to decide soon I guess!

 
At 1/01/2008 1:58 PM, Blogger Scrivener said...

I've really enjoyed being part of the 365 community with you. I'm looking forward to your photoblog, too.

 
At 1/01/2008 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing this project! I have really enjoyed following along, and I definitely look forward to your new photoblog.

I know that I couldn't have managed a 365 project this year, so I am really impressed that you stuck with it all year and that you didn't even get tired of it until September!

 
At 1/01/2008 10:27 PM, Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

You did a wonderful job with this. Your photoblog is my inspiration to try to do it this year, and do it the way you did--really take a picture ever single day.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

 
At 1/02/2008 10:44 AM, Blogger Yankee T said...

I gotta tell you that you have been an inspiration to me. I'm going to miss this, but will watch for your photoblog. You have a real gift.

 
At 1/02/2008 3:04 PM, Blogger RageyOne said...

I've definitely enjoyed your 365 blog! Congrats on making it through!

 
At 1/10/2008 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the project!!! I just loved looking at your photos all year. I look forward to seeing another year of them. I chose not to do it again, but am going to write my way through the year (with occasional photos). It's at: www.prayingaway.blogspot.com

Congrats again!
(Li from Liane365)

 
At 1/13/2008 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have loved your photoblog. It was one of the ones I considered to be a mentor to my novice skills. You have such an eye! I loved your fountain shots, your people (I always think of the girl from St. Pat's day, for instance).

It was so much fun to travel to Barcelona with you. I look forward to seeing you in a new venue. I will continue to post photos, but probably more like Jo(e) - words and photos together.

Thanks for looking at mine. I have *loved* looking at yours.

 
At 3/08/2016 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's cool... but, yet, where is your indelible SOUL going after you leave your mortal body (our physical bodies decompose)? Find-out where we went...

As a writer of the sassy, savvy, insane yooFEMisms we A-L-L go through in this finite existence, I as well as you gotta lotta angst, too, and the synonymous metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain like the vivid, brazen dawn are the cohesion which brings U.S. together, girl.

So, see if you cannot subliminally 'read-between-the-lines' or VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away:

Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
See you Upstairs...
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

 
At 3/08/2016 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's cool... but, yet, where is your indelible SOUL going after you leave your mortal body (our physical bodies decompose)? Find-out where we went...

As a writer of the sassy, savvy, insane yooFEMisms we A-L-L go through in this finite existence, I as well as you gotta lotta angst, too, and the synonymous metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain like the vivid, brazen dawn are the cohesion which brings U.S. together, girl.

So, see if you cannot subliminally 'read-between-the-lines' or VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away:

Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
See you Upstairs...
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home